Just like one prepares a hamburger by adding a medium amount of veggies and a meat patty, similarly a hamburger pizza comprises more meat and sauces, and lesser vegetables. It’s a Pizza, which includes meat, cheese and sauces in large quantities. There are hardly any vegetables or toppings used. Moreover, this is one of those pizzas, which one can prepare quickly and carry to work or relish after a tiring day.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
For the dough:
- Active Dry Yeast – 1 packet of 1/4th ounce
- Warm Water – 3/4th cup heated up to 110 degrees F.
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – ½ tablespoon
- Flour – 2 cups
For the topping:
- Ground Beef – 1 or 2 pounds
- Spaghetti Sauce – 1 cup
- Mozzarella – 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Parmesan – 1/4th cup of grated cheese
- Bread Crumbs – 1/4th cup
- Tomato Puree – 1/4th cup
- Minced onion – 1/4th cup
- An egg
- Clove garlic – 1, minced
- Take a large bowl and combine warm water and sugar into it. Sprinkle yeast from top. Continue to stir until the yeast is dissolved. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Take another bowl, and add oil, salt and flour to it. Stir and mix this mixture too, and then add the yeast mixture to it. Continue doing so until it forms a soft dough
- Empty the bowl on a floured surface and knead the mixture using your hands, until it becomes smooth and elastic. Shape it into a ball and flatten slightly. Place it on a large baking sheet sprayed with a cooking spray. Cover it with a plastic wrap for about 20 minutes allowing it to rise.
- Prepare your pizza ovens – if you don’t have one, visit Californo for good options.
- Take a large container and add 1/4th cup of tomato puree with beef, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and onion. Take the meat and pat it into 10 inch circles on a square foil of 18 inches. This is used to create the crust for the pizza. Turn up the edge to about ½ an inch to hold up the filling.
- Add the remaining tomato puree mixed with garlic on top of the Pizza. Sprinkle oregano and add shredded mozzarella to it.
- Place the pizza into the preheated oven. Let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove, slice and serve hot. Best enjoyed along with garlic bread.