Depression is the phase when a person is unable to think logically most of the time. Under influence of this psychological disorder, one loses his ability to differentiate between right and wrong. It has various symptoms that can be identified easily and which are curable with proper treatment. As depression is a complete mental and psychological phenomenon, it demands a delicate and careful approach from the physician towards the person. Counseling and attending group seminars help the patient to get out of this phase. Nowadays many such workshops are held to help a person come out of depression as it is something that kills the person from within and makes the person lose his or her urge to live more than anything.
HOW DEPRESSION LEADS TO SUICIDE
Continued depression may lead the person to think about his or her uselessness and make him or her to opt for a choice like suicide. Though these are extreme outcomes of depression, one can never be certain when thoughts like these might strike as the issue itself is mental. Considering the vulnerability of the human mind to destructive thoughts and imagination, scientists have agreed that these types of thought can occur anytime. It is up to the person and his or her conviction as to how hard this depression can affect the mind. If the determination is high then it might even be short-lasting and ebb automatically with happy thoughts and things to look forward to. Even though help is available these days the count for suicide due to depression is increasing, almost every day reports of suicides are heard and the reason is found to be depression in most of the cases. Be it among students or persons fed up with his family life or even businessmen incurring a huge loss, suicides are common and one of the major reasons is depression.
GENERAL CAUSES OF SUICIDAL DEPRESSION
Depressed people can experience suicidal thoughts because of reasons like
- The sudden change in situations of life and the feeling of how better things were earlier gives a person an urge to end things once and for all
- Loss of sleep because of the continuous pondering over the problem has a significant effect on the suicidal thoughts and to relieve himself or herself from this deprived state of mind suicide is an option which comes fast
- Usage of alcohol and drugs during the time of depression is very common, hence with increased and continuous usage of these harmful intoxicants death is eventual and in most cases, it is known and desired by the person
- Loss of patience that things will get better and loss of belief in one’s self lets in the idea of suicide, the feeling of having lost all in life is very common during the depression and can have adverse effects on people
SYMPTOMS OF A PERSON UNDER DEPRESSION AND POSSESSING SUICIDAL THOUGHTS
- Increased irritation in the person and continuous thought and pondering over something which is not shared by any other person
- Modification in sleeping timings and irregular sleep
- Change in diet patterns and weight loss, without the urge for the betterment of the condition
- Loss of attention at work or school etc.
- Seclusion from the rest of the world and inhibition to interact with others
These symptoms are generally the common symptoms for depression and through these, it can be identified whether a person is in a state of depression or not. Since the human mind is extremely dangerous while disturbed for one’s own self, the thought of suicide comes in easily and makes the person do things that have extremely adverse effects.
Studies have revealed that major suicides take place with people who are depressed and belong to the middle age group. Students’ suicide is another common factor nowadays. These suicides have their reasons in the form of social or economical depression. The Feeling of depression can subside only if the person agrees to share his or her thoughts with the counselor and let him in to help the person.
TESTS AND REMEDIES FOR DEPRESSION INDUCED SUICIDAL THOUGHTS
The science behind depression is very less as it is something too intricately involved with a person’s mindset and having a general rule might not satisfy all conditions as the human mind is different in almost all cases.
- If depression is identified in a person then without much delay proper counseling must be taken through a professional and self-effort must be made to get out of that phase and provide self-help
- The basic test for depression involves an interview with an array of questions that help the physician develop an insight into the person’s psyche
- Neurological test is conducted to ensure that the condition is not that of other mental disorders like schizophrenia
- Tests are carried out to know that levels of intoxication in a person if at all he or she is into alcohol and drugs.
Tests and assessments like these help depression detection and help in its cure. Preventing the development of depression in one’s mind decreases the chances of suicide. Mental illness can cause many harsh effects on one’s own self through improper thinking.
If you or someone you know is showing symptoms of depression. Help may be necessary. Visit Estadt Psychological to learn more.
Remedies for coming out of depression and prevention of suicide can be carried out from home or from a medical center.
- If treatment is being done at home itself it requires complete and rigorous dedication from the person as without that it is impossible to change anyone’s approach towards life. For the removal of depression, this is what is important, change in views and perspective.
- Direct counseling and increased involvement with the outside world with happy things included in daily routine can help the person take his or her mind off things that might be bothering.
- Medical treatment through a psychologist involves the usage of medications that eases mental thoughts and helps concentrate on matters that are really important.
- Continuous tests for mental diseases are important to know the person’s mental condition and whether depression has changed into something more serious or not.
Bottom-line for all remedies is that if the person is ready to be helped and determined to better his or her condition depression will be gone and the possibility for suicide will be ruled out.